Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Job Title: Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Effective Date: June 1, 2024
Responsible for growing our community by retaining active members, re-engaging members, and developing new relationships to increase membership. Recruits as needed for each program. Creates and facilitates experiential inclusive Jewish value-based workshops for teens focusing on Jewish identity and special needs inclusion. Connects Philly Friendship Circle to various parts of the Delaware Valley through presentations and social media. Participates in strategic planning and other general organizational work with leadership as requested.
While we adhere to a 5 day work week, this position requires work on approximately 25 Sundays when we have programs. (September-June). Tuesdays are off when there are Sunday programs. While work hours are generally between 10 am – 6 pm, we employ a flexible schedule when programs meet outside these hours.
The Friendship Circle of the Philadelphia Region South serves Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware Counties and is founded by Chabad Lubavitch.
- Ongoing support & communication for active members, including relationship building and recruiting for programs
- Facilitate internal and external Jewish values-based inclusion workshops for teens
- Recruitment/Outreach & Evaluation
- Create and implement strategy of recruitment & retention for all programs (at home, small group, large group, community-wide for people of all ages with and without disabilities)
- Responsible for collecting program impact feedback
- Meet attendance goals
- Maintain attendance data and analyze as needed
- Use CRM to support all of the above
- Develop & execute marketing strategy in conjunction with other staff as it relates to all programs and community events including social media and printed collateral.
- Responsible for weekly email newsletter, event reminder communications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to connect with teenagers
- Ability to create and implement identity building, belonging and leadership exercises for teens.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, easily moving back and forth
- Ability to deal in a professional, warm manner with potential donors, families, clients, and staff
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Open mind to experience the world from a new perspective
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with G-suite products, Microsoft Office Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Driver’s license and access to a car is strongly recommended
Salary Range: $40K – $45K
Education and Experience:
- BA or appropriate experience in outreach, communications, informal Jewish education
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working directly with children and teens and their families
- Experience creating engaging inclusive and identity building activities for teens
- Experience with teen leadership development
- Experience with communicating by text, email, newsletter, and social media.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience living the values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to engage in physical activity with members.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.