Birthright Israel provides a free trip to Israel for all eligible young American Jews. Over 10 years ago, we began a partnership to run an accessible trip for young adults with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an authentic Birthright Israel experience with mindfulness to accommodating everyone and ensuring memorable connections with the land and with each other.
This 10-day trip offers an immersive experience for participants. On our must-see list, we visit the Kotel, Masada, Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Safed, and more. We infuse these stops with Israeli food, music, shopping, and activities. We discuss how we each practice Judaism, what it means to be an American Jew and our shared heritage. The trip is an incredible experience for participants–returning rejuvenated, confident, independent, and ready to take on challenges while forming new friendships. You can check out Jess’s blog of the 2019 trip here.
Each applicant is treated as an individual when determining their eligibility for the trip. As staff we are open to vast array of circumstances and encourage anyone interested in an inclusive, accessible trip to inquire further.
If you know anyone who may be interested in the trip, forward them this information. Please keep in mind the following Birthright guidelines. Participants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 32 (for this trip specifically)
- Have at least one Jewish parent and/or converted to Judaism
- Have never been to Israel for more than 1 semester
- Have never served or volunteered in the Israeli Army
- Not be Israeli citizens (few exceptions)
* Please contact us if you have any questions about eligibility criteria.
* If applicant is between 27-32 years old, please contact us if the system does not accept your application.
Registration closes: Jan 30