Mitzvah Volunteer Program
Through activities, games, and multimedia presentations, MVP participants learn about communication, human development, diagnosis and more. We teach these subjects through special needs advocacy, Jewish values and current events. This dynamic and interactive approach, opens doors to meaningful discussion and personal growth for participants. In addition to the weekday meetings, MVPers will participate in our new Sundays@Home program and the Philly Friendship Walk to get firsthand experience making inclusive friendships. MVPers will also have the opportunity to meet members of our community face-to-face by helping us to assemble and deliver Activity Packages for Sundays@Home prior to the start of the program.
Fall Session of MVP will take place on weekday evenings from the week of October 5th to the week of November 9th. Option of Monday or Tuesday evening meetings will be decided by the families in each session.
- Week 1: Informal Socially Distant Meet & Greet (At least one parent must attend)
- Week 2: Virtual Introductory Meeting (At least one parent must attend)
- Week 3-5: Virtual Meetings
- Week 6: Virtual Final Meeting (At least one parent must attend)
Programs & Events:
MVPers will be required to attend:
- Sundays@Home on 10/18 & 10/25
- Philly Friendship Walk on 11/8
MVPers are encouraged to participate in:
- Sundays@Home on 11/15, 11/22, 12/6, & 12/13