Experiential Jewish & Inclusion Educator (Contract)
Job Title: Experiential Jewish & Inclusion Educator (Contract Position)
Department: Outreach & Engagement
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Effective Date: June 2024
Responsible for Jewish education/engagement and inclusion education aspects of our programs. Philly Friendship Circle’s Experiential Jewish and Inclusion Educator will plan, facilitate and evaluate the following programs: Mitzvah Volunteer Program, Friendship 101 (teen orientation time) at Sunday Circle, and Community workshops. This educator will lead and/or support experiential Jewish learning/living activities at Sunday Circle, Young Adult programs and Friends@Home. While curriculum and activities exist for some of the programs listed above.
Some curriculum development (lesson planning) is required.
Sunday and evening work is required during the program year (September-June).
- Plan, Facilitate, Evaluate
- Mitzvah Volunteer Program (MVP) our entry level service learning program for 6th and 7th graders. Each session consists of 5 gatherings (2 in-person and 3 on Zoom)
- Friendship 101, internal Jewish values based inclusion workshop for teens attending Sunday Circle, approximately 18-20 Sundays/program year
- Jewish values-based inclusion workshops at schools and other community organizations as needed
- Yearly Jewish engagement activities with our Friends@Home pairs
- Lead and/or Support Experiential & Inclusive Jewish Learning/Living Activities
- Lead experiential Jewish learning/living activities at Sunday Circle
- Be a roving Jewish educator at Sunday Circle and Young Adult programs
- Facilitate annual Jewish engagement activities with our Friends@Home pairs
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to connect with teenagers
- Ability to create and implement identity building, belonging and leadership exercises for teens.
- Ability to engage others in Jewish learning and Jewish living
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, easily moving back and forth
- Open mind to experience the world from a new perspective
- Driver’s license and access to a car is strongly recommended
Salary Range: Contract Position, $40-65/hour depending on experience
Education and Experience:
- BA or appropriate experience in informal Jewish education
- Experience working directly with children and teens and their families
- Experience creating engaging inclusive and identity building activities for teens
- Experience with teen leadership development
- Experience living the values of diversity, equity and inclusion
Ability to engage in physical activity with members.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.