Chief Operating Officer
Philly Friendship Circle is seeking a full-time staff position, with a flexible working schedule, excited to be a part of our growth. Candidates must desire to work in a small team environment with a high level of collaboration with the co-founders and few but mighty fellow staff members. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work flexible hours as required to accommodate evening and Sunday programs and events. Must have access to a car on a regular basis.
Philly Friendship Circle serves Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware Counties and is founded by Chabad Lubavitch. We connect teens and young adults to youth with special needs through a full range of social offerings. Inspired by the power of genuine friendships, our youth cultivate understanding, kindness and responsibility while ensuring a caring and inclusive community.
Candidates will work directly with teens and their parents, as well as families who have children with special needs within the Jewish community. The youth that participate in our programs range in age from toddlers to young adults. Sensitivity to the special needs population and to all youth in general, ability to work and relate with teenagers, as well as dedication to the inclusive, upbeat and communal spirit of the organization are a must.
COO will provide leadership for all aspects of our existing and future operations and will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization as guided by the strategic goals. Internally, the COO will be responsible for the growth, performance of the organization and overseeing all staff.
Externally, the COO will be a public face interacting and engaging with excellent relationships with current and future members, programmatic partners, funders, and other stakeholders. The COO will report directly to the CEO.
This role requires significant leadership experience, programming experience, financial expertise as well as a passion for fast-paced, high-impact, multifaceted work. The COO should be skilled in taking charge and driving a process through to completion. We seek an individual who works hard, has high standards for themselves and others and requires minimal instruction. The COO should be skilled in goal-setting and
strategy creation, know how pieces and people relate and be able to organize said entities to achieve success. Well-suited candidates possess a high level of emotional intelligence and love people while at the same time are data-driven, detail-oriented and enjoy solving complex problems with creative solutions.
We are looking to create a balance of professionalism while maintaining a warm, loving environment.
- Develop, implement and monitor all day-to-day operations, engaging in hands-on work daily
- Execute FC’s short- and long-term goals, objectives and strategy and devise strategies for ensuring the growth of programs
- Overseeing implementation of development strategy, especially as it pertains to community fundraising events (such as the annual fall walk and spring gala) and grants.
- Direct anything human-resource related to employee and intern engagement, professional development, efficiencies, employee benefits, and onboarding/termination and performance reviews.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance related to employee relations issues, policies and procedures and annual performance management.
- Ensure compliance with state, local and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees. Work with the CEO to ensure HR policies and programs are aligned with strategic initiatives.
- Direct, analyze, evaluate and improve FC’s operations to grow the organization’s impact
- Cultivate and nurture excellent relationships with FC’s staff, boards and committees and programmatic partners and provide detailed and accurate reporting, analysis and growth strategies as necessary.
- Ensure FC’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards
- Perform the above with involvement from and as deemed appropriate by the CEO, Board of
Directors and co-founders.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary.
- Oversee, direct and manage all programs, services and special projects.
- Maintain a system to guarantee quality control and impact evaluation for all programs and services.
Marketing & Development
- Work with co-founders on development goals and implement as mutually agreed upon including walk, gala, building campaign etc.
- Oversee, direct and manage all marketing and media collateral and campaigns.
Finance & Data
- Oversee all data management, including the necessary documentation and procedures. to support the consistency, use and security of the data. Ensure the smooth collection of data, maintenance of the database and all supporting systems to make it function and stay accurate and helpful and produce relevant reports.
- Oversee or ensure the day to day budget, bookkeeping, bill paying and data analytics.
- Oversee, direct and manage all systems for a smooth running professional environment such as phone and text systems, supply management etc.
- Minimum of ten years of full-time leadership experience preferred, during which time the candidate demonstrated supervisory excellence and extraordinary leadership ability. At least 3 recent years of supervisory responsibilities are a must.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s).
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and G-Suite. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, evaluation and improvement, reporting, budgeting and performance/operation metrics.
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with abilities in public speaking and distilling complex concepts.
- Trustworthiness and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Superior ability to organize, prioritize and estimate project logistics.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, easily moving back and forth.
- Ability to complete projects efficiently and at high quality level.
- Outstanding communication and people skills and ability to deal in a professional, warm manner with staff as well as with potential donors, families and members.
- Ability to advocate effectively for FC’s mission and share a respectful and open mind to experience the world from a new perspective.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of FC’s mission of inclusion and love of people, especially youth.
- Share the nurturing nature of organization.
- Comfortable and proud representative of FC to the public.
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% medical and vision coverage
- Paid holidays and PTO- including major Jewish holidays and 4 legal holidays a year
- Flexible working hours* (one day remote work option) *Flexible working hours are intended to provide additional flexibility and support to the COO. The COO is still responsible for getting all work done on time and in the highest-quality manner.
- The opportunity to work in furtherance of changing lives and building community alongside people who are passionate about the same.
- Professional development: Monthly coaching support from professional nonprofit consultant who has worked closely with the org for years. Additional opportunities available.
Our office likely will be located in Western Philadelphia suburbs as of Sept 1 (currently located in
South Philly) and our programs occur throughout Montgomery County. Must have access to a car on a consistent basis.
- Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
- PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume AND cover letter
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Philly Friendship Circle is an equal employment opportunity employer.We are founded upon the idea that within each person is a soul; and that soul is equal and worthy of boundless nurturing. We are committed to cultivating understanding, kindness, responsibility and friendship while ensuring a caring and inclusive community for our employees and our community at large..
$70k-$85k annually (plus excellent benefits)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location